Creativity and New Media

New media platforms such as Instagram offer experiences that foster communities of creativity. Users personalize and tailor their profiles to their liking as they begin to build their brand. This platform allows individuals to share photos, videos, and even stories. I recently started using Instagram stories as a way to document my travels and to express my creativity. I have been able to produce my own content using boomerangs and editing tools. It has been really fun to get creative with captions and add hashtags, filters, stickers, or locations to my photos or videos. Instagram introduced a new feature in which you can showcase your saved stories on your profile and I customized my profile with all the countries I traveled to earlier this January. I picked stories from my trip to Asia and created highlights of my trip for each country I visited. In one example I included below, I documented my time in Taiwan and used a combination of photos, videos, and boomerangs, while also utilizing the different creative tools that Instagram offers to customize my stories.

Comments